SARAO has an exciting opportunity for SAFE Product Manager to join our Science Processing team. The successful incumbent will report to the Manager: Science Processing.
Main Purpose of the Job
- The Product manager will have content authority for the program backlog for the Science Data Processor SAFE teams for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project. They will be responsible for identifying needs, participating in Program Increment planning, presenting a vision and roadmap, highlighting key features and milestones. They will define EPICS, features and capabilities to be completed in Program Increments.
Desirable additional education, work exp. & personal qualities:
- Experience working in a high performance computing development environment
- Experience in research environment
- Experience in globally distributed projects
- Experience in system engineering-driven environment
- Proven track record of technical project delivery
- Significant technical experience in architecture design and development of large software projects
- Strong ability to lead and motivate technical personnel
- Must have skill and personality to compete strongly on global basis in the scientific computing arena
- Strong presentation and idea transfer skills
About The Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa's activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress
Type of employment: Contract
SARAO reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.